Saturday, November 6, 2010

Susan Boyle brands rehab 'most frightening experience'



Susan Boyle has revealed that her stint in rehab was her 'most frightening experience'.

The 49-year-old was treated for exhaustion and insomnia at the rehab center, The Priory in 2009, shortly after coming second in TV contest Britain's Got Talent.

However, she admitted she hated her time there because she found the clinic a cold and terrifying place and was cut off from her friends and family, banned from watching television, and unable to make any phone calls.

"It was a bit of a scare, a scary time for me, being in a place like that. Although very therapeutic for some people, for people like me it was very scary," the Daily Express quoted her as telling Piers Morgan on his Life Stories show.

"I thought 'I've nobody here I know, where's my family? Where's my friends? Do I have anybody left?' I wasn't allowed to see a television, or make a phone call, 'Where was everybody?' I just felt as though I'd been dumped, it was probably the most frightening experience I'd been through," she added.

Boyle was also convinced her admission to rehab would destroy her dreams of a music career.

"I felt that the dream was over. A bit of a nightmare, but a turning point. For two days I was thinking about myself, what my position was, was I stable? I knew I was, I was just tired," she concluded.








Your Ad Here

No comments:

Post a Comment